The Serious Consequences of Traffic Tickets in Ontario
Traffic tickets are a common occurrence on the roads of Toronto, Ontario, and they can have serious consequences. Getting a traffic ticket can impact your life in many ways, from fines and increased insurance rates to license suspensions and even jail time. At FightTrafficTickets.ca, our paralegal law firm helps clients fight their traffic tickets and avoid these consequences. In this article, we will explore the different types of traffic tickets and their potential consequences in Toronto, Ontario.
Types of Traffic Tickets:
There are several types of traffic tickets that you can receive in Toronto, Ontario. Some of the most common types include:
- Speeding tickets
- Red light tickets
- Stop sign tickets
- Distracted driving tickets
- Failure to wear a seatbelt tickets
- Driving without insurance tickets
Consequences of Traffic Tickets:
Traffic tickets can have serious consequences in Toronto, Ontario. Some of the most common consequences include:
- Fines – Traffic tickets come with fines that can range from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars. The amount of the fine depends on the type of traffic ticket you receive.
- Increased Insurance Rates – Getting a traffic ticket can also cause your insurance rates to increase. Depending on the severity of the traffic violation, your insurance rates could go up by hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year.
- Demerit Points – Traffic tickets can also come with demerit points. These points can stay on your driving record for years and can lead to license suspensions and even license revocation.
- License Suspensions – Depending on the number of demerit points you accumulate, you could face a license suspension. A license suspension can impact your ability to work and carry out your daily activities.
- Criminal Record – Certain traffic violations, such as impaired driving or dangerous driving, can lead to criminal charges and a criminal record.
- Jail Time – In extreme cases, such as impaired driving causing bodily harm or death, you could face jail time.
How FightTrafficTickets.ca Can Help With The Consequences of Traffic Tickets:
At FightTrafficTickets.ca, our paralegal law firm specializes in fighting traffic tickets in Toronto, Ontario. We understand the serious consequences that come with a traffic ticket and work to help our clients avoid them. Our experienced paralegals will work to build a strong case for you and fight to have your traffic ticket dismissed or reduced. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and provide affordable representation to ensure you get the best possible outcome.
Get Help If You Are Worried About The Consequences of Traffic Tickets:
Getting a traffic ticket in Toronto, Ontario can have serious consequences, from fines and increased insurance rates to license suspensions and even jail time. If you’ve received a traffic ticket, it’s important to take it seriously and seek help from an experienced paralegal law firm like FightTrafficTickets.ca. Our team of experts will work to help you avoid the consequences of a traffic ticket and get back on the road. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.